Thank God for Pinterest or I would never learn to cook [or craft, or organize, or decorate, or a million other things that I should probably already know how to do].
Last week I tried out a recipe from Recipe by Photo: Tomato Basil Chicken.
The original recipe comes from Menu Musings of a Modern American Mom, and you will need the following ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 2 chicken breasts
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 4 Tbsp cold butter
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, for garnish
I followed the directions from Menu Musings and ended up with the most adult dinner EVER cooked in my kitchen:
Although I did have one minor mishap…
The Tomato Basil Chicken dish tasted amazing. I felt like I was at an authentic Italian restaurant [just wearing sweatpants and sitting on the couch]. In fact, it was so good that I might [just might] start eating tomatoes!