For those of you who don’t know, I recently moved into a 400 square foot studio apartment. Because I was in such a hurry to find a place in the right location, at the right (low) price, I didn’t really consider a lot of things before I signed my lease.
One of those things was the dishwasher, or actually the lack of dishwasher in my case.
Well, I hate doing dishes so I’ve been searching for easy, minimal clean up required, recipes. Thank you pinterest for all of the great ideas!
Perhaps the best idea for single person, no hassle meals is cooking dinner in a muffin tin. Easy prep, easy storage, easy cleanup.
Last night I tackled my first muffin tin dinner: Mini Chicken Pot Pies.
There are many different variations to this recipe, so I combined a few and came up with a delicious dinner. The best part – it took less than 30 minutes!
Here’s what you’ll need (Yields 6):
- 1/2 cup of cooked chicken
- 1/2 frozen vegetables
- 1/3 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1/2 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Herbs De Provence
- Grands Homestyle Biscuits
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degress.
- Combine your ingredients into a mixing bowl (except the biscuits!)
- Spray your muffin tin with a nonstick spray
- Mold your biscuits into the individual muffin cups (it is easiest if you stretch the dough to make it thinner), forming a cup/shell
- Put your filling inside and cook for 15 minutes